During my #GuyDIY
week, one of my male models, Greg
, sported a wrist of bracelets and now you can get the look. With the right color choice, it can work on a guy or girl, and stack ’em for a bold look.
Tape, superglue, scissors, cord, two colors of string, lobster clasp, jumprings, end caps
1. Put a little super glue in the end cap
2. Next fold a 1ft of the cord in half and put in the end cap. Then add the ends of each piece of string (one yard each) in the the cap.
3. Let dry for 5 mins.
4. Tape down your bracelet with the cord in the middle and the color string on each side.
5. Next, take the right outside string and weave over the right cord and under the left.
6. Then, take the left outside string and weave over the left cord and under the right.
7. Repeat, starting on the right side again, and then the left side.
8. Continue, weaving right to left.
9. Trim the ends, and superglue into another end cap.
10. Add jumprings and lobster clasp.
With the madness of Fashion Week and Storm Nemo, somehow a day disappeared last week, so we have one more #GUYDIY
for you. I could not be happier to start the week and cap off the series with the super talented Gregory Littley
. A social media pro and constant doodler, his #SocialScribbles
characters caught my eye on instagram, so I gave him a silver sharpie
and some leather goods and he made his mark! For those sketch-challanged (me included) I love the idea of using these sharpies to write a little message inside your man’s wallet or cap, to wish them a happy Valentine’s Day.
And for that guy who is not afraid of a little wrist action, with a trip to the trimmings store, I whipped up a bunch of bracelets in no time using guy friendly colors and leathers. Stayed tuned for the step-by-step!
My BEST FRIEND (no joke, since first grade) and amaaaaazing Vlogger, Beth Hoyt, stopped by my apartment the other day to chat #GUYDIY, and reminisce on high-school Valentine’s Days. Full discloser: we were on the Pom squad, and we do attempt to do a dance from days past. So watch! And continue to watch Beth’s youtube channel, Beth in Show, bc she’s the funniest (and can do a spot-on Claire Danes).