When shopping last weekend, I popped into Urban Outfitters, and spotted a ridiculously cool metal geometric necklace. After peeping the price, I walk down the street to the art supplies store and picked up the supplies to make my own for a faction of the price. Once you have the supplies and technique down, you can create more shapes and styles!
Supplies: Gold craft wire, mini tubing cutter, wire cutter, round jewelry pliers, 1/8 brass tube, chain, 6 jump rings, lobster clasp
1. Using the mini tube cutter, cut four 2" pieces, and four 1.5" pieces
2. Next, lay down three 2"pieces to create the center triangle. Use the last 2" pieces for the top of the side triangles, and use the 1.5" pieces to create the bottom part of the side triangles
3. Next, put your wire through the tube, then cut the wire leaving a little excess on each side. With the round pliers make a loop on both ends.
4. With your pliers, open the end loop and connect to form the triangles
5. Next, connect the corners of the three triangles with the jump rings
6. Connect the chain to the outer corner loops with the jump rings
7. At the end of each side of the chain add a jump ring, and on one side add a lobster clasp to fasten