After seeing this blazer at Lucky FABB I became obsessed with creating my own version. Since it's warming up, I elected for a tunic instead of a jacket, but the technique will work on most cotton articles of clothing. The process is super simple when using Tumble Dye, which I discovered from one of my reader's dyed denim DIYs.
The color is even more intense IRL!
Steps, supplies and tips after the break
White Cotton Tunic or blazer
S.E.I. Neon Lime Tumble Tie Die
1. First shake your dye vigorously
*I found the spray bottle it comes in does not have the most consistent spray, I would suggest buying a cheap trigger spray bottle and pouring your dye into it.
2. Spray the bottom few inches with the neon dye, leaving no white space, flip and do the same on the back side.
*Put a piece of newspaper between the front and the back of the dress
3. Next dilute your dye by filling the bottle up with water
4. Spray another couple inches upwards to create the fade effect, flip and spray on the back.
5. Let the garment completely dye
6. Put in the dryer for 20 min to set
*Hand wash in cold water the first time